Wanna play the BIZ QUIZ?

....and plug your at-home gig in the process? e-mail me with your answers (short and sweet) to the following questions...
  1. Why did you join / start you business?
  2. Tell us about one of your typical days.
  3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
  4. What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
  5. What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
  6. What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?
  7. While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.
  8. Anything else you would like to share?
  9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
***Don't forget to send me a hyperlink to your site so if anyone is interested in your opportunity or business, they can connect with you. Also, feel free to send me a graphic (if your company allows you to use one).

Monday, October 16, 2006

Darlene Demell, Watkins Home Business


Contact information: ddemell@watkinsonline.com
Website http://www.watkinsonline.com/ddemell

Why did you join / start you business?

I began my home business with Watkins because I had grown up with the
products in our home. The Watkins man lived two doors away so I knew the
smells, tastes and what Watkins products could do to help keep us healthy.
I started my business almost 7 years ago after my friend kept asking me to
join. I decided since I was buying the products I may as well join and get
the discount. It just evolved into a lot more from there with my having a
downline and working it more as a business than just for the discount.

Tell us about one of your typical days.

My days are never the same here. I check my emails as soon as I can get on
the computer. I go to my website and check my emails there and check the
status of my orders and so on. I get information packages ready to mail out
to those who have requested them, I get sample packets ready. Then I usually
have some errands to run, deliver orders, mail catalog packages and then
come home and my day is pretty well gone. I have my dinner and come back
onine and start all over with mail, message forums and my website.
On really busy days, I am helping hubby to put new flooring down, paint, or
move furniture around so we can get things done before the holiday season.

What is your favorite thing about your job?

I love the products and love meeting new people. With Watkins, I have met
many new people both online and offline and have made many new friendships.
Watkins has helped me to move out of my "comfort zone".

What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?

Oh wow, to find more hours in a day would be nice. My biggest challenge I
think is trying to keep organized. I am for a bit then its all in need or
re-organizing again.

What are you doing to overcome those challenges?

I try to organize my files each week. I keep my papers in a filing cabinet
which really helps a lot.

What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?

I think the main thing when someone is looking for a home business, is first
to ask a lot of questions. People jump into things for the money they will
make before they even have any idea what the business is about or what kind
of work it involves on their part. The money is there to be made but it has
to be worked for just like every other job or business. It takes time ,
effort, and consistency.

While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us
what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.

The money I earn from my home business, helps to pay bills, helps to fix our
home up with new floors, paint etc. and gives me extra spending money for my
crafting.

Anything else you would like to share?

If anyone is looking at Watkins as a possible home business, I will answer
all their questions honestly. I will help them in any way I can and will
welcome them to my team if this is the business for them.


What is your favorite motivational quote?

"Many of life's failures are people
who did not realize how close they were to success when they
gave up."
(Thomas Edison)

No comments: