Wanna play the BIZ QUIZ?

....and plug your at-home gig in the process? e-mail me with your answers (short and sweet) to the following questions...
  1. Why did you join / start you business?
  2. Tell us about one of your typical days.
  3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
  4. What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
  5. What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
  6. What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?
  7. While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.
  8. Anything else you would like to share?
  9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
***Don't forget to send me a hyperlink to your site so if anyone is interested in your opportunity or business, they can connect with you. Also, feel free to send me a graphic (if your company allows you to use one).

Monday, October 16, 2006

Christina Nolan, Personalways™

http://www.personalways.com
customer_care@personalways.com

Why did you join / start you business?
I’ve learned that you cannot get rich by working for someone else. I want to be rich! ;) Seriously, I envision things like paying bills on time, early even, sending my kids to college and being there for my parents in their Golden Years! Initially, Personalways™ was a photo card shop. By the grace of God and unceasing determination, we have evolved into an ever growing personalized photo gift business. It is very satisfying to create a gift that someone can be excited to give.

Tell us about one of your typical days.
A typical day includes waking up at 6:00 am, getting my 14-year off to school and beginning my work day. I read e-mail, contact customers, maintain the website, update product information, etc. The “fun” part includes photo-editing and creating “proofs” for my customers’ orders. Once they are approved, I use a special combination of ink and heat to create something wonderful. Somewhere in that course of events, my 3 year old wakes up. We eat meals together and take “play” breaks throughout the day.

What is your favorite thing about your job?
My absolute favorite thing is being here for both kids! My little guy needs me some days more than others and my schedule allows for that. Also, a huge plus is that when my oldest needs to come home from school for some reason, we go get him. I don’t have to clear it with anyone or lose pay! So as different as their needs are – I can meet them!

What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
My biggest challenge is the housework. The house continues to clutter, dishes continue to get dirty and laundry continues to pile.

What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
First of all, it is a team effort. We’re still trying to implement a schedule. Of course this in and of itself is a challenge because no two days are the same! But we continue to work at it.

What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?
First and foremost – figure out what you enjoy doing! You have to love your work. Then look into established programs that are related. I would suggest signing up as an Affiliate, Consultant or Distributor at first. This introduces the World Wide Web and you have mentors to teach and help motivate you. The initial investment is much lower than starting your own business and there is less risk. You can easily branch out from this later on your own!

While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.
Everything! Squirreling money away for college educations is the highest priority. Also, I plan to help my parents out as needed with retirement and then - travel!

Anything else you would like to share?
Working from home is by far one of the most challenging choices we have as Moms. However, it is also the most rewarding. It can be done and it can be done well. But you have to posses a strong will, endless determination and complete faith in what you are doing! No matter what, believe in yourself and in your dreams!

What is your favorite motivational quote?
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

No comments: