Wanna play the BIZ QUIZ?

....and plug your at-home gig in the process? e-mail me with your answers (short and sweet) to the following questions...
  1. Why did you join / start you business?
  2. Tell us about one of your typical days.
  3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
  4. What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
  5. What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
  6. What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?
  7. While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.
  8. Anything else you would like to share?
  9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
***Don't forget to send me a hyperlink to your site so if anyone is interested in your opportunity or business, they can connect with you. Also, feel free to send me a graphic (if your company allows you to use one).

Friday, January 26, 2007

Nikole Gipps - NHG Consulting (Owner)



Nikole Gipps, Owner, NHG Consulting
http://www.nhgconsulting.com

Why did you join / start you business?
I started the business because I had a plan to stay home with my baby after she was born. So I started working from home when she was just a thought, and continued until now. In the past few months, I relaunched the business to move from an independent contractor to a true small business owner.

Tell us about one of your typical days.
I do the most work when she is asleep, for 2 hours in the afternoon and from 10 pm to 3 am at night. I can usually get a few things done between dinner and bedtime as well, when my husband is playing with her. I'll sometimes take her for a walk or drive during the day just so I can make some phone calls! If she's having a bad day, I just have to accept that my work day goes out the window and I'll get it done the next day.

What is your favorite thing about your job?
The stuff I do is very interesting to me - challenging, ever-changing, but very interesting and engaging. There are just so many bad websites out there, or people not using the web to expand their businesses in all the ways possible. I like that I can help other people achieve more success!

What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
I always have that guilt ... like am I paying enough attention? If I bring in help with caring for her, am I just handing her off to someone else? It's also hard because I've never really left her with anyone other than my mom or husband. When I have a meeting somewhere, it's always a little stressful to shuffle our lives around.

What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
I just ... do it. I just get dressed, put my happy face on, find someone to leave her with, and just keep telling myself that she's not going to MELT because I left her for 2 hours. She's so young though - it's still hard.

What advice would you give a "wannabe" WAHM?
It's not an easy way to go. Because you are a parent and working from home, you never stop working. I do love it, and I wouldn't give it up, but if you find it too much stress, that is OK too. I find myself the most stressed when I set myself to strict standards. It's just easier to go with the flow.

While you don't need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.


I just relaunched my business after being down for a while with a newborn. My net income in 2006 was -$158. I think I'll use it for a good cry. That is the problem with a new business though - the first few years can be a giant money suck until you start turning a profit.

Anything else you would like to share?

My business isn't a typical work from home situation. You can start something with less costs if you become an independent contractor. I had been an IC for years, but I wanted to have a true business now, complete with employees. So my situation is probably a little more extreme.

What is your favorite motivational quote?
"DUUUUV!" It's what my daughter says to me when she wakes me up every morning. It's incentive to get up every morning and do what I do. I want to make her proud of her mommy!

No comments: