Wanna play the BIZ QUIZ?

....and plug your at-home gig in the process? e-mail me with your answers (short and sweet) to the following questions...
  1. Why did you join / start you business?
  2. Tell us about one of your typical days.
  3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
  4. What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
  5. What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
  6. What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?
  7. While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.
  8. Anything else you would like to share?
  9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
***Don't forget to send me a hyperlink to your site so if anyone is interested in your opportunity or business, they can connect with you. Also, feel free to send me a graphic (if your company allows you to use one).

Friday, January 26, 2007

Tricia Meyer - helpingmomsconnect.com & sunshinerewards.com

helpingmomsconnect.com & sunshinerewards.com

Why did you join / start you business?

I started my business for two reasons: 1) To have a more flexible lifestyle in order to participate in my children’s lives and 2) To have control over my own career.

Tell us about one of your typical days.
It depends on the day of the week! Every day is different because I have one daughter in kindergarten half days and one daughter in preschool 3 full days. So I have a good mix of time alone with each girl, time with both girls, and time alone. I try to get up before the rest of the house and check email. As everyone else starts to stir, I begin making breakfast, checking backpacks, and laying out clothes. Once my daughter (or daughters depending on the day) are off to school, I start working from my laptop. My husband comes home for lunch and whoever is home on that day eats together. Then I work a few more hours in the afternoon and the dance/swim/school carpools start. We all get back together for dinner and a couple of hours relaxing with the kids. Then after they go to bed, I work out for an hour. After that, I work on my laptop for a few more hours while my husband and I watch tv.

What is your favorite thing about your job? The flexibility of being able to enjoy LIFE.

What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM? Not working too much. I have a tendency to want to do too much too fast.

What are you doing to overcome those challenges? I try to take things in stride and balance my weeks, understanding that some weeks are more about work and others are more about the family.

What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM? Don’t be constrained by your current skill set. I started out as an attorney. Instead, think about what you ENJOY and turn a hobby into an income.

While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.

I contribute about half of my family’s income, so I pay the bills. But my business does allow my family to enjoy nice things while not sacrificing the ability to spend true family time. I never miss a class field trip and volunteer more than any other mom in the class. On the flip side, we take nice vacations and are building our dream house.

Anything else you would like to share?
Make a plan. Really see where you want to be in 6 months, in a year, and in 5 years. It all may change. But get a picture in your head of what you want and work toward it. Be studious. The internet is a wealth of information and you can find anything at all that you are looking for.

What is your favorite motivational quote?
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have." -- Thomas Jefferson

No comments: