Wanna play the BIZ QUIZ?

....and plug your at-home gig in the process? e-mail me with your answers (short and sweet) to the following questions...
  1. Why did you join / start you business?
  2. Tell us about one of your typical days.
  3. What is your favorite thing about your job?
  4. What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?
  5. What are you doing to overcome those challenges?
  6. What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?
  7. While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.
  8. Anything else you would like to share?
  9. What is your favorite motivational quote?
***Don't forget to send me a hyperlink to your site so if anyone is interested in your opportunity or business, they can connect with you. Also, feel free to send me a graphic (if your company allows you to use one).

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Jamie Fisher - Sarah Coventry Jewelry

www.jamie.sarahcoventryjweb.com,
theblingdiva@yahoo.com

Why did you join / start you business?

I found that women love to spend money on jewelry! I’ve tried to sell other things but have found that the average jewelry party is twice as high as the industry average. Plus, the host benefits are fabulous! With a previous business a $400 party would get my host $50 in free product. In this business that same party gets my host $130 in free jewelry, plus she’ll be entered in a quarterly drawing for a free trip!!!

Tell us about one of your typical days.

My typical day revolves around my kids. I chose this industry for it’s flexibility, so I enjoy volunteering at school, working with my church youth group, and being home to raise my kids. While my kids are in school or playing/napping, I get to work my business and help my team. At night after dinner I get to get out of the house two nights a week and play with jewelry! How fun is that???

What is your favorite thing about your job?

That I get to help women feel good about themselves by dressing up, getting together with their friends, and reaching their own business goals.

What is you biggest challenge as a WAHM?

Ooh…honestly, finding the balance between working at home and living at work. If I’m working I feel like I should be with my kids, if I’m with my kids I feel like I should be working.

What are you doing to overcome those challenges?

Setting office hours and daily to-do lists helps. For example, if I have to volunteer at school in the morning I make sure I set aside time in the afternoon to connect with five people…hosts, team members, or customer service follow up. Then when I’ve done that, I close the door and go back to my family!

What advice would you give a “wannabe” WAHM?

Set boundaries and stick to them. Have time that you will NOT take business calls and emails, and days you will NOT do parties. Make sure your family knows they are number one and prove it to them by giving them their own time. But remember that a business can’t work without a business owner, make sure you dedicate time to your business.

While you don’t need to be specific about your actual income, please tell us what you are doing (or plan to do) with the money you have earned.

Right now we are looking to catch up on bills since my husband was laid off. After that I plan on getting my kids into the special classes they want (karate, gymnastics, etc) and also doing a little something for me! (manicures, massages, whatever floats my boat! I’ve earned it!)

Anything else you would like to share?

My biggest advice to anyone in any situation is to think about what you’d like someone to say about you when you are gone from this earth…would you like to have them talk about your business ethics and financial successes, or do you want them to remember your compassion, your dedication to your family and the fact that you were always there when someone needed you?

What is your favorite motivational quote?

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: